The Tree of Life symbolizes spiritual transformation – the union of two into one. A beautiful keepsake to start your journey together.
Tree of Life – Wedding Guest Book Alternative
$49.00 – $269.00
Rated 4.75 out of 5 based on 4 customer ratings4 reviews
SKU: WM-WED-TREE Categories: Bourbon Barrel Heads, For the Home, Home Decor, Wall Hangings, Wedding, Wedding Guest Books, Wedding Guest Books Tags: Custom Bourbon Barrel Heads, guest book, Personalized Whiskey Barrel Heads, Wedding Guest Book Alternative
- Custom Engraved Barrel Head – designed by you!
- Hanging hardware to display it on your wall.
- A Sharpie for signatures!
- Any optional upgrades you selected – lazy susan, clock kit, or serving tray
Here’s how it works:
- We reclaim a prime barrel head from a genuine, distillery used bourbon barrel.
- We clean, dry, and sand it down until it’s bright and smooth – perfect for signatures.
- We laser engrave your custom design – permanently burning in all the details.
- A clear fixative is added that “holds” your signatures in place – your guests can write on the wood without worrying about the ink bleeding, running, or fading.
- We pack it up and ship it to you via the fastest premium shipping method
Guest Book Features & Specs
- Made from real whiskey barrels – We have a contract with a major cooperage that supplies new white oak barrels to distilleries all over Kentucky. Once they’ve aged bourbon in the rickhouse, they are sent back to the cooperage, who then makes sure the barrels are once again put to good use as re-purposed bourbon wood.
- Carefully processed and assembled by hand – The bourbon barrel heads (lids) come to us as loosely assembled slats, since pressure and good craftsmanship hold the barrels together (and never glue). In order to make sure they stay together, we’ve created our own process of fitting a piece to the back to hold the slats together, and adding hardware to make sure it hangs safely on the wall.
- Authentic and unique – Each barrel head shows distinct signs of its history in the famous rickhouses of Kentucky. Depending on which product you order, you may see the whiskey mark (stamp) or the charred wood through a viewing hole we add to our backing boards.
Like every batch of whiskey, every barrel head tells its own story. We don’t manufacture these – the cooperage does with a little help from some of America’s best bourbons and whiskeys, so no barrel head we send out is ever perfect. You may see slats that don’t line up perfectly, or there may be gaps where the wood has swollen and contracted over the years, but to us, that imperfection is beautiful.
- Laser Engraved, not Printed – You can see and feel the difference. Designs are laser burned in, giving depth and a contrast to the wood while also maintaining a rustic and natural look.
- Not just a wedding piece – After the wedding, and after this bad boy is signed, hang it up on the wall for all to see with our included wall hanging hardware. It will be a beautiful centerpiece for years to come.
- Designs Galore – With our builder, your options are endless. And if you have something special in mind, email us and we will make it for you.
- A solid piece of American craftsmanship – Weighs 12lbs and measures 21-22″ in diameter and around 1.5″ thick. This baby was rolled around in rackhouses and used to store 50+ gallons of bourbon at a time. It is solid as a rock and will stand the test of time.
- Perfect for signatures – We make sure to include enough blank space for signing. Includes a sharpie for signatures and fixative coating to prevent smears.
|Dimensions||22 × 22 × 1.5 in|
Full Barrel Head, Quarter Barrel Head, Stave Mosaic
Full Barrel Head
4 reviews for Tree of Life – Wedding Guest Book Alternative
Rated 5 out of 5
Looks wonderful. Can't wait to give it to the bride. It wasn't as dark as I thought but that may be because we are using it as a guest book so it is unfinished.
1-4 of 4 reviews
Sorry, no reviews match your current selections
Create Your Own Personalized Bourbon Barrel HeadRated 5.00 out of 5$49.00 – $269.00
Heart – Wedding Guest Book Alternative made from Recycled Bourbon BarrelRated 5.00 out of 5$49.00 – $269.00
All-in-One Builder – Wedding Guest Book Alternative made from Recycled Bourbon BarrelRated 4.98 out of 5$199.00
Quarter Barrel Builder – Wedding Guest Book Alternative made from Recycled Bourbon BarrelsRated 5.00 out of 5$49.00
2 Trees – Wedding Guest Book Alternative made from Recycled Bourbon BarrelsRated 5.00 out of 5$49.00 – $269.00
Reclaimed Bourbon Barrel Head Lazy SusanRated 4.93 out of 5$149.00
Looks wonderful. Can’t wait to give it to the bride. It wasn’t as dark as I thought but that may be because we are using it as a guest book so it is unfinished.
I am fully satisfied with your fantastic product, so unique! In customizing my product, I had some difficulty in getting the font selector to respond. I also had a disappointment, as the lazy susan add-on I would have liked to order was not available. I came to the website later and it seemed available then, but I couldn’t figure out how to order it without ordering another barrelhead.
Hi Kathleen, the LS add-on is hard to find, we admit. It is located here – https://whiskeymade.com/product-category/components-diy/add-ons/
This was exactly what we needed as a unique gift for my daughter’s wedding to a Bourbon lover! Great quality and delivered on time! Would highly recommend.
I really wanted something different and unique for our guest book.
I was hoping for an item that would be integrated into our living room décor
as a lovely reminder of everyone who celebrated our wedding day with us.
Luckily I tripped across an ad for WhiskeyMade online.
I loved being able to chose my design, my font style and size. Being able to
personalize the product was perfect for us! The “Tree of Life” design complemented
our outdoor wedding theme.
I chose the Stave Mosaic style because of the weathered/distressed appearance of the
wood. The customer service emails from WhiskeyMade kept me updated and relieved
some of my wedding stress.
The guest book arrived promptly as promised. I was ecstatic about the way it looked!
It was more than I even imagined it would be!
Thank you WhiskeyMade for my beautiful addition to our home.