The big letter style is perfect for showing off your family name. Our most popular guest book design features a personalized large initial in the center.
Big Letter Design Wedding Guest Book made from a Recycled Bourbon Barrel
$49.00 – $269.00
Rated 4.95 out of 5 based on 55 customer ratings55 reviews
- Custom Engraved Barrel Head – designed by you!
- Hanging hardware to display it on your wall.
- A Sharpie for signatures!
- Any optional upgrades you selected – lazy susan, clock kit, or serving tray
Here’s how it works:
- We reclaim a prime barrel head from a genuine, distillery used bourbon barrel.
- We clean, dry, and sand it down until it’s bright and smooth – perfect for signatures.
- We laser engrave your custom design – permanently burning in all the details.
- A clear fixative is added that “holds” your signatures in place – your guests can write on the wood without worrying about the ink bleeding, running, or fading.
- We pack it up and ship it to you via the fastest premium shipping method
Guest Book Features & Specs
- Made from real whiskey barrels – We have a contract with a major cooperage that supplies new white oak barrels to distilleries all over Kentucky. Once they’ve aged bourbon in the rickhouse, they are sent back to the cooperage, who then makes sure the barrels are once again put to good use as re-purposed bourbon wood.
- Carefully processed and assembled by hand – The bourbon barrel heads (lids) come to us as loosely assembled slats, since pressure and good craftsmanship hold the barrels together (and never glue). In order to make sure they stay together, we’ve created our own process of fitting a piece to the back to hold the slats together, and adding hardware to make sure it hangs safely on the wall.
- Authentic and unique – Each barrel head shows distinct signs of its history in the famous rickhouses of Kentucky. Depending on which product you order, you may see the whiskey mark (stamp) or the charred wood through a viewing hole we add to our backing boards.
Like every batch of whiskey, every barrel head tells its own story. We don’t manufacture these – the cooperage does with a little help from some of America’s best bourbons and whiskeys, so no barrel head we send out is ever perfect. You may see slats that don’t line up perfectly, or there may be gaps where the wood has swollen and contracted over the years, but to us, that imperfection is beautiful.
- Laser Engraved, not Printed – You can see and feel the difference. Designs are laser burned in, giving depth and a contrast to the wood while also maintaining a rustic and natural look.
- Not just a wedding piece – After the wedding, and after this bad boy is signed, hang it up on the wall for all to see with our included wall hanging hardware. It will be a beautiful centerpiece for years to come.
- Designs Galore – With our builder, your options are endless. And if you have something special in mind, email us and we will make it for you.
- A solid piece of American craftsmanship – Weighs 12lbs and measures 21-22″ in diameter and around 1.5″ thick. This baby was rolled around in rackhouses and used to store 50+ gallons of bourbon at a time. It is solid as a rock and will stand the test of time.
- Perfect for signatures – We make sure to include enough blank space for signing. Includes a sharpie for signatures and fixative coating to prevent smears.
|Dimensions||22 × 22 × 1.5 in|
Full Barrel Head, Quarter Barrel Head, Stave Mosaic
Full Barrel Head
Rated 5.00 out of 5$49.00 – $269.00
Rated 5.00 out of 5$49.00 – $269.00